Recommended NZ | Guide to Money | Gimme: Competitions - Giveaways

EasiYo Buyout Completed By Westland Milk Products

Contributor:
Fuseworks Media
Fuseworks Media

Yoghurt maker EasiYo is pleased to announce the completion of the sale of its remaining shares, bringing co-operative dairy company Westland Milk Products' stake in EasiYo to 100 per cent.

Hokitika based Westland Milk Products previously held a 75 per cent stake in the company. The increase to 100 per cent meets Westland's strategy to gain a greater foothold in the value-add end of the milk product market. Westland have recently purchased the remaining 25 per cent from founders Kathy and Len Light, who established the business in1991.

Newly appointed EasiYo chief executive Paul O'Brien says the acquisition will assist with the company's milk powder contract opportunities and expansion of its international markets including Asia, UK and Europe. Westland annually exports more than 70,000 tonnes of milk products to 40 countries.

O'Brien, who recently joined EasiYo from natural health manufacturer Good Health Products, says Easiyo has a bright and exciting future as a major exporter of value added New Zealand raw materials.

"Easiyo has sales of $30 million a year, of which 75% is export based," O'Brien says. "The UK and Australia are our biggest markets off shore and worth $20 million in sales. The full integration of Westland into the company will enhance the ability of EasiYo to provide premium quality finished product to a new range of customers."

EasiYo's specialised manufacturing plant based in Albany Auckland accurately blends micro amounts of ingredients in temperature, humidity and filtered atmosphere controlled conditions, ensuring only the finest end product is made. The company creates a diverse range of make-at-home yoghurt products including a Greek, Organic and Probiotic Biolife range as well as ice cream and drinking yoghurts.

Westland Milk Products supplies Easiyo with its milk powder, sourced from 390 farms on the rich pastures of the West Coast of the South Island, and produces a range of dairy ingredients for nutritional, food or beverage applications including milk powders, milk fat and milk protein products.

All articles and comments on Voxy.co.nz have been submitted by our community of users. Please notify us through our contact form if you believe an item on this site breaches our community guidelines.