Recommended NZ | Guide to Money | Gimme: Competitions - Giveaways

QMC joins Southern Cross GP network

Contributor:
Fuseworks Media
Fuseworks Media

Queenstown Medical Centre (QMC) has become the second general practice to join the Southern Cross Primary Care (SCPC) network.

The new Southern Cross venture has signed a conditional agreement to take a 20% stake in a partnership set up to run the business of the leading Queenstown practice. The remaining 80% of the partnership entity will be held by the existing owners of QMC and the business will continue to trade as Queenstown Medical Centre at its three surgery locations - Isle St, Remarkables Park and Arrowtown.

SCPC Chief Executive Officer, Victor Klap, says the agreement marks an important milestone for the SCPC network.

"In May we signed our first Foundation Partnership agreement with Silverdale Medical, north of Auckland. This second Foundation Partnership agreement, with a practice at the other end of the country, demonstrates the national scope of what we're aiming to achieve over coming months."

Mr Klap says QMC was one of the first practices SCPC had talked to about the development of the Southern Cross-branded GP network. "QMC has already made a huge contribution to the SCPC approach over the past 12 months, working with us to identify ways in which the great ideas of practitioners can be combined with Southern Cross resources to establish a collaborative network."

"QMC have a desire to grow and to enhance the range of services they can offer their patients. We're keen to work with them, and other Foundation Partners, to identify new business and clinical models that will underpin long term, sustainable value for Queenstown people and New Zealanders as a whole."

QMC Chief Executive Officer, Richard Macharg, says QMC is excited about becoming part of a national network of progressive general practices whose aim is to improve the range, quality and accessibility of primary health care for all New Zealanders. "We believe that this collaborative network offers opportunities to enhance and broaden primary care and we're excited about bringing these innovations to our local community over time."

All articles and comments on Voxy.co.nz have been submitted by our community of users. Please notify us if you believe an item on this site breaches our community guidelines.