Auckland Transport and Howick and Eastern Buses are changing some of its bus services to offer passengers better connections and better frequency to the city.
The changes were made to streamline services along certain routes to reduce buses bunching between arrivals and deliver a more frequent service to the city.
The new timetable introduces bus connections from Howick, Botany and Flat Bush to the new Manukau train station. The timetable has also been adjusted to meet trains at the Manurewa train station.
Auckland Transport Public Transport Operations Manager Mark Lambert says the changes will provide better connections and reduce passengers transferring from one bus to another.
"There will be a few passengers who will need to learn the new route number for their usual route, although Howick and Eastern drivers will help with this during the changeover period.
"But overall the changes and new timetable will be positive and encourage more people to consider the bus as a travel option."
The changes will create
- At least a 15 minute frequency to and from the city centre along the Ellerslie-Panmure Highway.
- A connection from Howick, Botany, Dannemora, Chapel Downs and Flat Bush to the new Manukau Train Station
- A direct connection to Otara, MIT and Middlemore from Half Moon Bay via Meadowlands and Howick, Monday to Friday.
- Better connections to Half Moon Bay Ferry
- More direct services between Mission Heights/Dannemora and Britomart
- Better connections to trains at Manurewa Station
A campaign to inform passengers about the changes to bus routes including notification to local schools has been underway before their introduction on Sunday 15 April.
Join Voxy on Google+.