Everybody Eats have been named Supreme Award winners at the 2023 Wellington Airport Regional Community Awards tonight.
Everybody Eats is a charitable dining concept on a mission to reduce food waste, food poverty and social isolation in Aotearoa.
Volunteers help Everybody Eats to transform rescued food into 3-course set menu dinners which are served at their restaurants on a koha basis. At Everybody Eats, they want to feed bellies not bins and bring people together over good food.
Jack Rainey, Everybody Eats Wellington Restaurant Manager says: “We are truly humbled to win the Supreme Award. This goes to out to all our diners, volunteers and wider team. It takes a village to feed a community, and we have an amazing village behind us. Nga mihi nui koutou.”
Matt Clarke, Chief Executive of Wellington Airport says: “Choosing a Supreme Award winner was a tough job for the judges this year as usual. Everybody Eats innovative dining concept is not only reducing food waste, but also bringing community together, supported by a passionate volunteer team.”
Wellington Airport has also awarded five local high school students $1,000 scholarships in the annual Wild at Heart Spirit Awards. These winners demonstrate self-motivation in service to their community and college.
Wellington Airport Regional Community Awards 2023 Winners
- Supreme Award: Everybody Eats
- Arts and Culture: Every Body is a Treasure
- Education and Child/Youth Development: Arohanui Strings
- Health and Wellbeing: Everybody Eats
- Heritage and Environment: Whareroa Community Guardians Trust
- Sport and Leisure: Āhuru Mõwai Trust
- Rising Star Award: Capital Theatre Trust
- People’s Choice Award: Mountains to Sea Wellington
2023 Wild at Heart Spirit Award Scholarship recipients
- Rex More – Rongotai College
- Ava Saulbrey – St Catherine’s College
- Conor Chesney – St Patrick’s College
- Ben Bridle – Scots College
- Naya Espelita – Wellington East Girls’ College