Fuseworks Media

Primo crowned Best Wireless Service Provider at NZ Compare Awards

In a resounding victory at the NZ Compare Awards on November 30th, 2023, at the Aotea Centre, Auckland, Primo emerged triumphant as the Best Wireless Service Provider. This accolade, acknowledging exceptional performance in customer service, product innovation, and sustainability, is particularly gratifying for Primo, a team of 23, competing against larger businesses.

The NZ Compare Awards is an annual gala recognising excellence and innovation in New Zealand’s telecommunications and utilities industries. Primo’s win in the Best WirelessService Provider category affirms its status as the strongest overall wireless service provider in the country, delivering non-fixed technology solutions to consumers and organisations.

Since its inception in 2006, Primo has been an industry pioneer, providing cutting-edge technological solutions to businesses, homes, schools, farms, and marae. With a steadfast commitment to innovation, reliability, and outstanding customer service, Primo has become a household name in Taranaki.

Primo’s recent expansions include broadening Rural Wireless coverage in Taranaki, extending the product range to include Fibre and Mobile Phone Plans, transforming into a full-service telco. These strategic moves are designed to benefit customers, aligning with Primo’s dedication to providing the best solutions.

Daryl and Miranda Egarr, long-time Primo customers from Stratford, commend Primo’s reliable wireless service and efficient customer support, highlighting the company’s local focus and community contributions. “We’ve been with Primo’s wireless service since we moved to a place in Stratford where there was (and still is) no reliable copper or fibre service. The Primo dish installation was quick and easy, and the internet connection has been extremely reliable. All my change requests have been actioned quickly and accurately, and it’s a relief to deal with a helpdesk team who are all technical experts rather than script-readers.”

In November, Primo was also honoured as a finalist in the Southern Cross Insurance Wayfinder Awards in Auckland, celebrating workplace wellbeing leadership. This recognition aligns with Primo’s ethos of prioritising people, from exceptional customer service to employee welfare and community service.

Founder and Managing Director Matthew Harrison, acknowledging Primo’s outstanding team during the award acceptance speech, and emphasized the company’s commitment to leadership in the industry. The recent launch of Primo’s Fibre network in Egmont Village this year also marks a significant milestone.

As Primo looks to the future, their commitment to excellence remains unwavering. Continuous investment in network infrastructure and expansion into rural are as underscores Primo’s dedication to providing modern broadband connectivity where it’s needed most.

Primo’s network resilience, was showcased through a recent severe weather event. An example of how well their network is built, is that one of their towers had a near catastrophic incident and broke in half. 99% of customers connected to this tower were reconnected to other towers within a few hours, while the remaining 1% were reconnected the following day. The network, designed like a spider web with backup towers and redundancy plans, ensures reliability even in challenging circumstances.

As Primo celebrates being named the Best Wireless Service Provider at the NZ CompareAwards, their mission is clear: to remain the backbone of progress in Taranaki and beyond.

For more information about Primo's services, visit primo.nz or contact them directly.

 

Powered by Fuseworks and Truescope - Media monitoring, insights and news distribution for New Zealand organisations.