A naturally derived ingredient is helping to relieve symptoms of one of Australia’s most debilitating diseases… and how future clinical trials mean even more potentially life-changing outcomes.
“Our planned research aims to provide thousands of individuals with the chance to alleviate their pain and stiffness related to mild osteoarthritis” – Sarah Munnik, spokesperson for Raydel, manufacturers of Abexol.
Abexol, the only beeswax-alcohols-based product registered by the TGA in Australia to treat mild arthritis and osteoarthritis (OA), is giving people the opportunity to volunteer to register their interest in future clinical trials.
Beeswax alcohols are derived from beeswax, which has been used for its many benefits as both a food source and in medicinal products for centuries across Africa, East Asia and South America. Abexol works by inhibiting the activity of two key enzymes, cyclooxygenase (COX) and lipoxygenase (LOX), which are often responsible for pain and inflammation of the joints.
But the benefits of taking Abexol don’t end there. Abexol is also used to support stomach health. Indeed, Abexol was actually first studied as a treatment for mild gastric complaints. However, researchers soon found that people taking Abexol with concurrent joint complaints repeatedly reported a marked decrease in those symptoms as well. Hence, clinical studies focused on Abexol and its effects arthritis symptoms. These confirmed that Abexol had marked anti-inflammatory and chondroprotective (cartilage-protective) effects and was effective in alleviating the symptoms of osteoarthritis, including joint pain and stiffness, and in improving joint mobility.
Currently, Abexol is listed with the TGA to:
o mild joint aches and pains
o symptoms of mild arthritis/mild osteoarthritis
o mild joint stiffness
o abdominal pain/discomfort
o symptoms of indigestion/dyspepsia
– Help enhance/promote:
o healthy joint function
o joint mobility
o General health and wellbeing
o joint health
o joint mobility/flexibility
o digestive system health
o stomach health
Now, Raydel is looking to do further research into the benefits of Abexol and its active ingredient, beeswax alcohols.
Osteoarthritis treatment guidelines include oral NSAIDs at the lowest dose and shortest duration possible. However, these medicines (particularly when misused) can increase the risk of bleeding, kidney complications, stomach upsets, ulcers, hypertension and stroke.
Other complementary treatments for osteoarthritis available in Australia frequently report gastrointestinal side effects and are not well tolerated by some people making Abexol, a pleasant alternative.
“Further study into the benefits of Beeswax alcohols could greatly improve the quality of life for Australians burdened by osteoarthritis and the associated joint pain and stiffness. Abexol’s added benefit to gastric health also gives those that experience the side effects of other products another alternative to ease their symptoms. We hope to eventually see a cultural shift where Australians become more proactive and start to supplement to maintain joint health long before pain becomes an issue,” Munnik says.
For people such as long-time OA sufferer Darryl Flashman, Abexol has been a life-changer. A motorcycle rider since he was eight, last year, 59-year-old Darryl faced the very real possibility of never being able to ride a Harley again. “I was devastated,” he said, “It was taking a serious toll on my mental health, let alone the actual physical pain.” After a few weeks of treatment, Darryl noticed real results. “It has definitely helped me. Really, it has changed my life. I can do what I love to do again, pain-free,” he said.
Similarly impressed by the product’s transformative powers is Eloise Monique, model, former health spa coordinator and a fervent advocate of health and wellness studies. Eloise’s personal odyssey with Abexol commenced amidst the challenges of persistent ankle pain, a longstanding issue that had hindered her for years.
With Abexol becoming a part of her daily routine, Eloise experienced a remarkable 80% reduction in pain within just a few weeks.
Reflecting on her journey, Eloise shares, “Right before I started using Abexol, I started struggling to walk on my ankle and get my steps in, let alone train legs or plyometrics. I started gaining weight and feeling depleted. But now I can walk 20,000 steps daily, train legs or do HIIT (high-intensity interval training) with no problems.”
“Abexol has truly revolutionized my life. Discovering a product that aligns with my values and delivers tangible results has been an incredible experience. The improvement in my pain levels has been extraordinary, empowering me to regain control over my daily life,” she says.
“Abexol transformed my life in ways I couldn’t have imagined. Before using it for my persistent ankle pain, I struggled to perform my job properly. But now, thanks to Abexol, I’ve found a solution that alleviated my pain and allowed me to excel in my work with newfound energy and confidence,” says Eloise Monique.
People suffering from either osteoarthritis or gastrointestinal issues (or both) can register for updates regarding further clinical developments on Abexol: https://www.raydel.com.au/register/clinical-studies
Abexol can be purchased exclusively in Australia through the Raydel website https://www.raydel.com.au/product/abexol and is also available in selected pharmacies.
Further quotes from Eloise Monique:
- “Abexol has been a game-changer for me in the world of modelling. Before discovering this incredible solution for my lingering ankle pain, I faced challenges that affected my ability to perform at my best. With Abexol, my pain diminished, and my overall presence and performance on the runway / in front of the camera soared. It’s more than a remedy; it’s the secret behind my renewed confidence and success in the modelling industry.”
- “It’s hard to smile and be cheerful when you are in pain. Unfortunately, as a model, I’m required to smile and be cheerful a lot of the time. Since starting Abexol, my pain has diminished so much – and my smile has increased equally as much.”
- “It’s great to find something kind to my stomach as well as my joints. I’d thoroughly recommend Abexol to anyone suffering joint pain.”
Further quotes from Darryl Flashman:
- “Before, living with OA, one day my pain could be 5 out of 10 the next day it could be 10 out of 10. Now my pain is easily, consistently, half what it was”
- “I’m definitely in control of my pain now. Before it was controlling me”
- “I’m just so grateful for Abexol”
- “I’m not so stiff in my joints, I’m not so swollen. Life is just better”
- “At 58, I thought my Harley days were over due to my achy joints. Abexol changed the game – now I’m back on the open road, defying OA and feeling alive again.”
- “At 58, the thought of riding my Harley seemed impossible with constant joint pain. Abexol flipped the script – both mentally and physically – putting me back on the road, defying OA and reclaiming the thrill of life.”
Additional further information:
- Osteoarthritis (OA) is a chronic degenerative disease of the musculoskeletal system that affects the entire joint. It is characterized by joint aches, pain, discomfort, stiffness, swelling and inflammation.
- Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis in Australia, with over 2 million sufferers (1 in 7 Australians)
- 1 in 5 Australians (22%) over the age of 45 have osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis is more common in females than males (10% vs. 6.1%)
- OA is most common in women aged 75+ in Australia, with 44% of women in that age group suffering from OA. However, it is also prevalent in 38% of women aged 65-74 and 25% aged 55 – 64. In general, one-quarter of all women 45+ years in Australia will suffer from OA
- Women lose more healthy years of life from living with disease and injury (58%) than from dying prematurely (42%). 16% of this is due to musculoskeletal disorders, and 8% is due to gastrointestinal disorders
- Globally, OA is the 3rd most rapidly rising disability, behind diabetes & dementia.
- Back problems, mental health and behavioural conditions and osteoporosis were more common in people with osteoarthritis compared with those without
- Abexol is a pioneering health product that empowers women with accessible information and practical solutions for holistic wellbeing. By embracing the values of knowledge and empowerment, Abexol seeks to redefine women’s health journeys and create a positive impact on their lives.
- For more information about Abexol and its holistic approach to wellbeing, please visit https://www.raydel.com.au/product/abexol