AMI is pleased to announce its Tradie Breakfast Risk Reduction event at PlaceMakers Kaiwharawhara, on Wednesday 13 December.
Tradies can detour to PlaceMakers on their way to work between 6:45 and 8:45am to get amongst some risk reduction tips, freebies, and importantly, a complimentary brekkie.
In recognition of tradespeople’s contribution to the country’s infrastructure, the AMI Tradies Brekkie event also aims to raise awareness around issues our tradies can experience both inside and outside of the workplace, such as tool and vehicle theft, workplace fires, and health and safety mishaps.
Aside from the free bacon butties and barista coffees, some of the other highlights provided by the experts include:
- Free tool engraving by the NZ Police and local Community Patrol.
- Test drives of the Fleetcoach online Skills Awareness course.
- Demonstrations from Fire and Emergency NZ to see if tradies could stand the heat and keep worksites safe from fire.
- Wellington Free Ambulance Heartbeat team conducting CPR demonstrations and how to use an AED.
- Conversations with AMI’s Risk Management Consultants on the most common workplace mishaps and what you can do to prevent them.
The AMI tradie breakfast expo is in strong partnership with PlaceMakers, Fire and Emergency New Zealand, New Zealand Police and local Community Patrol, Wellington Free Ambulance, and is another engaging community event coordinated by AMI’s Community Risk Advocate, Gary Rennie.
“Come and get your tools engraved, have a bite to eat and a chat to our team of specialist experts – we’re here to help,” says Gary.